What to expect during your treatment
At Mahogany Natural Hair Salon and Spa we want our clients to be informed and educated about our body wrapping procedures. Having our guest feeling informed and knowledgeable about the process helps to ensure customer comfort and satisfaction.
- STEP #1 – CLOTHING REMOVAL: Before your body wrap can begin, you will need to strip down to your underwear or a bikini. You can wear a comfortable top if only your lower half is undergoing a wrap, or some shorts if you’re undergoing a bust wrap alone
- STEP #2 – EXFOLIATION: NOTE: This step is not included with all body wrap treatments. Those who have selected a wrap comprising exfoliation will first have their therapist promote dead skin cell removal through dry brushing, or by using a gently abrasive scrub
- STEP #3 – RINSE: NOTE: This step is not necessary for those who do not undergo STEP #2. Those who undergo scrub exfoliation will need to rinse off at this stage. You may be asked to do this in a separate room if a special Vichy shower is not present above your treatment table
- STEP #4 – FORMULA APPLICATION AND WRAPPING: Your esthetician will then begin applying a mineral and/or oil-rich formula to your body and limbs, wrapping each area in cloth or plastic film before moving to the next. When fully wrapped, some heated towels may also be laid upon you to further promote sweating and the opening of pores
- STEP #5 – RELAX: You’ll then be left alone to relax for up to half an hour to allow the treatment to do its magic. Alternatively, the therapist may stay and give you an invigorating head massage (additional fees may apply)
- STEP #6 – UNWRAP AND RINSE: Your spa therapist will then unwrap you and either rinse you off using the Vichy shower, or point your to a separate shower so you can do this yourself
TIP: Do not use a shower gel or any other cleansing product when rinsing (unless instructed), since this could strip your skin of the oils and minerals applied during your wrap.
● STEP #7 – MOISTURIZING: At the end of your treatment, your esthetician will apply a final moisturizer or body oil to all areas of your skin to protect and soften it