We have a variety of ways to help you start you r dreadlocks journey. Depending on you hair texture, condition, length, the locs you desire and your budget we can find a method that works for you.
- Comb Coils – the most popular method to start dreadlocks. It’s done by making little coils in the size pattern your want your new dreadlocks to be in. It takes 1.5 – 2 hours to install, requires maintenance every 3-4 weeks and locs generally start budding in 4-6 months. Home washing is discouraged as locs will unravel/loosen. This is best for medium fine to thick coarse hair.
Cost $85 – $115
- Interlocking– Interlocking is also a very popular method of starting locs. A latch hook needle is used to form micro-knots to form the dreadlocks. This method is very time consuming but it works for hair that is difficult to loc as well as on clients with straight hair and those who want locs immediately. Interlocks can be washed within days of locking without unraveling. It takes 6 to 18 hours depending on the length and thickness of the clients hair, the desired loc size and how many stylist are working at once.
Cost $30 – $45 per hour
- Instant Locs – Instant locs are done using a micro crochet needle to instantly loc the hair. This process uses a combination of interlocking and palm rolling as well, to tighten the roots. It takes 6 to 18 hours depending on the length and thickness of the clients hair, the desired loc size and how many stylist are working at once. This can be done on straight and kinky hair and requires maintenance ever 4-5 weeks.
Cost $30-$45 per hour
- Kinky Twist With and Without Hair – You can start your hair by starting with Kinky twist and continuing to re-tighten and roll without pulling them down. In the beginning your locs will have a twist appearance but with time it will form into locs. It takes 1.5 – 3 hours to install, requires maintenance every 3-5 weeks and locs generally start budding in 4-6 months. This is best for medium fine to thick coarse hair.
Cost $85 – $115
- Braid Locs With and Without Hair Cost $75 – $150
- Loc Extensions Cost $30-$45 per hour