What is a body wrap?
A body wrap – also known as a ‘body cocoon’ or ‘body mask’ – is a spa treatment created to enhance the health and appearance of skin, and/or reduce body measurements. A nourishing oil or mineral-rich formula is applied to the spa guest’s limbs and torso before they are wrapped or covered in cotton, mylar bandages or a plastic film. This promotes the extraction of dirt, toxins and excess water from the skin.
While most wraps are performed on the entire body (minus the face and genital area), some – such as cellulite are applied to certain areas alone.
What health and beauty benefits does a body wrap treatment provide?
The pampering experience of a body wrap can provide multiple benefits, depending on the type chosen:
- Detoxification: Body wraps featuring detoxifying algae, seaweed, mud or clay can help rid the body of toxins through metabolic skin cell stimulation. As your largest organ, detoxification of the epidermis can have a significant effect on your health and overall well-being
- Temporary inch and/or weight loss: Wraps with detoxifying ingredients teamed with firmly wound bandages will see you sweat out any excess water and toxins, and also tighten your skin. This can temporarily improve the contours of your body and see you lose a dress size or two
- Exfoliation: Wrap treatments comprising an exfoliation stage will see dead skin cells lifted, providing you a smoother complexion top-to-toe and a flattering glow. You can choose to enjoy a body polish before your wrap if exfoliation is not included as part of your treatment
- Intensive moisturization: The vast majority of wraps comprise moisturising ingredients to hydrate, nourish and smooth your skin for improved condition
- Relaxation: Once you’re fully wrapped by your esthetician, you’ll be left to relax for up to 30 minutes. This will provide you with valuable – and rare – mental and physical downtime
Mahogany Body Wrap Spa Treatments
- Cellulite Treatment Body Wrap: This wrap uses all natural and organic ingredients to boost circulation to help flush toxins away from your skin and underlying fat cells, for a smoother, bump-free appearance. Generally, this wrap targets the bottom, hip and thigh area alone. Those with excess fluid retention in their hip and/or thigh region will benefit from this wrap. A combination of seaweed, coffee and other ingredients are used to refresh, hydrate and firm your body.
- Brazilian Contour Slimming Body Wrap: Specifically designed to temporarily contour your body through cleansing, toning and tightening of the skin, inch-loss wraps are often enjoyed by women before an important event at which they’d like to look their best. This wrap is also a part of our Body Contouring Package.
- Aromatherapy Moisturizing Body Wrap: This body wrap will moisturize dull dry skin with the benefits of aroma-therapeutic stimulation. We customize each wrap to suit your physical and emotional needs.
- Detoxifying Body Wrap: A mixture of cold therapeutic mud (‘fango’ in Italian) and warm paraffin wax are combined to create a body sauna and stimulate your lymphatic flow, helping your skin rid itself of toxins and excess water more efficiently. this treatment sees a nourishing, warmed algae applied to your skin to jump start cell metabolism and aid detoxification
- Mud / clay wrap: Say goodbye to excess water, impurities and dull pores – a layer of therapeutic mud or clay is lightly massaged into your skin before wrapping begins, to cleanse, detoxify and firm you head-to-toe. Therapeutic muds and clays have anti-stress properties and the wide availability of these wraps mean they’re a popular choice for spa guests
- Herbal body wrap: This dead skin cell-eliminating treatment sees a selection of herbs – chosen for their nourishing properties – blended with essential oils and steeped in very hot water. Cloth sheets are then soaked in the solution before application around the body